Downtown Enhancement Grants
The Downtown Enhancement Grant program seeks to support existing downtown businesses/organizations through a $2,000 semiannual grant to further enhance the downtown aesthetic and overall quality of goods, services, and the downtown experience. The grant is available to any DECI-member business in an area of Downtown Eau Claire currently in operation. The $2,000 semiannual grant is available through 2027. This program was made possible by the sponsorships of many long-time Downtown supporters. They include:
- Kristen and Donn Dexter
- JB Systems
- Jill and Tom Barland
- Royal Credit Union
- Lissa and Tom Siedow
- Ruder Ware
- B~Framed Galleries
- U.S. Bank
- Charter Bank
The application for the first grant cycle of the 2021 Downtown Enhancement Grant program has closed and we are happy to announce Just Local Food as the winner. Applications for the June Cycle (see below) will open on May 15, 2021 and are due by 11:59 P.M. on June 30, 2021.
After running this grant program for a few years, donors and staff have learned from the submitted projects and have decided to structure the two cycles a little differently. Here are the details and please contact email@example.com if you have any questions on which grant cycle your project might best fit into.
- Submissions for this grant cycle should be focused on creatively enhancing your business/organization by serving a new customer that may not be being served in Downtown Eau Claire already or serving them in a unique way. Whether it’s putting on an addition to a retail space, commissioning a new product or service, or further enhancing another area of the business, we want to see owners push the envelope by updating their space or creating a one-of-a-kind experience for customers.
- Submissions for this grant cycle should be focused on enhancing the overall downtown community or downtown experience. Consider a project that could impact the experience of someone visiting Downtown Eau Claire such as wayfinding, public art, cultural enriching event at your organization or partnering with other community members, and more. Be creative!
Create a Downtown Enhancement Plan that includes:
- a business description
- description of enhancement project as it relates to the current grant cycle described above
- sources/uses or project budget including how grant funds will be spent and other potential sources of capital for the enhancement project
- an implementation plan/timeline including how the applicant will report to DECI Board and staff on the completion of the project.
Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are unable to access the application, please email us the following:
- Applicant Name
- Additional Applicant Name (if applicable)
- Business/Organization Name
- Current Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Brief Project Overview