Posted: May 31, 2013 S. Barstow Street Construction Has Begun- Information for Businesses- Week One
|South Barstow Street Reconstruction Underway|
South Barstow Street looks quite different, after only four days of construction. The nearly $2 million project will include things like new concrete pavement, new sidewalks, new planting areas, and new boulevards.
There will be pedestrian access to businesses on South Barstow Street throughout construction.
S. Barstow Street construction will include:
- New curb and gutter, concrete pavement, sidewalk, and clay brick paver boulevards
- Curb bump-outs at the intersections to improve pedestrian crossings
- Mid-block curb bump-outs to provide public gathering spaces
- A combination of pedestrian lighting and high-level lighting at intersections
- Special event electrical capabilities at intersections
- A combination of tree grates and planting areas
- An irrigation system and an upgraded sound system
Work is planned to be completed and open to traffic by August 16, 2013. Work on the brick pavers in the boulevard should be completed by September 13, 2013.
|South Barstow Street Construction Update Meetings|
Held Each Thursday
202 Gibson Street
DECI and City of Eau Claire staff will host Construction Update Meetings for anyone who would like to come and hear about the
South Barstow Street construction project.
Contractors will meet with DECI and City staff each Thursday morning to talk about the project-what's been accomplished that week, and what will be on the agenda for the following week.
Therefore, we will host meetings to relay that information each Thursday afternoon.
Meetings will be held at the Firehouse at 202 Gibson Street,
at 2 p.m.
Other Important Information
For updates, please check the DECI website. There will a 'Construction' tab. Any information we have will go there! Also, 'like' us on Facebook if you haven't already. There are often updates there as well!
Tentative Timeline for the Next Couple of Weeks
Remember this schedule is TENTATIVE and can change:
S. Barstow Street - Lake Street to Eau Claire Street