Posted: January 24, 2013 While Street Construction is Happening, Think About a New Facade
Think About a New Facade While There's Street Construction
Does your business need a facelift? The Regional Business Fund offers a Downtown Façade Loan to encourage property and business owners in Downtown Eau Claire to revitalize the buildings. This program offers up to $30,000 at 0% interest! It's something to think about while street construction will be taking place on S. Barstow Street this year.
- Be located in the boundaries of Downtown Eau Claire
- Demonstrate ability to repay the loan
- Property taxes must be kept current
- Provide acceptable design plans for building renovation
- Eligible activities include: facade renovation; exterior lighting, doors, and graphics; signage, windows, and awnings; other facade or landscape improvements
Applicants must provide acceptable facade design plans that comply with approved general design guidelines adopted by local governments.
FINANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Loan size can range from $5,000 to $30,000
- 0% fixed interest rate
- Repayment terms up to 15 years
- All loans shall be secured by a mortgage on the property being renovated
- Unlimited personal guarantees are required for any owner with greater than 20% ownership interest in the business