Posted: November 18, 2016 Downtown's Holiday Season Opener Kicks Off Today
On Friday, November 18 and Saturday, November 19, hunt for the best gifts in Downtown Eau Claire during The Holiday Season Opener, a shopping event held in conjunction with the opening weekend of deer hunting. Stroll the four districts of Downtown and stop in the dozens of unique shops, cafes, pubs, and restaurants!
Downtown businesses will be participating by holding specials, open houses, prizes, refreshments, and other holiday-related fun.
Here are five reasons to shop local this holiday season:
- Strengthen your local economy: each dollar you spend at independent businesses returns three times more money to your local economy than one spent at a chain.
- Give back to your community: small businesses donate more than twice as much per sales dollar to local non-profits, events, and teams, compared to big businesses.
- Reduce environmental impact: locally-owned businesses are more likely to purchase local, resulting in less travel and reduced air pollutants.
- Keep your community unique: locally-owned businesses cater to the cultural base of the neighborhood. Unique businesses are vital to the diverse character of the neighborhood.
- Put your taxes to good use: local business anchors the neighborhood infrastructure and supports the city and county tax base. Dollars are recycled back into the community. This adds value to the neighborhood by increasing its income.
The Holidaze Arts Festival is also returning to Downtown Eau Claire. The festival will be located in The Halls at The Lismore in Downtown’s South Barstow District and will feature many regional artists and crafts. The festival will run from 3pm-9pm on Friday the 18th and from 9am to 4pm on Saturday the 19st. This will be the 27th year that the festival has been in Eau Claire.