Construction Updates - December 21
Changes from the previous week are highlighted.
Thank you for faithfully following these updates each week! As you've suspected, not much construction is happening at the moment so our update is on a hiatus until the weather picks up again. With more construction Downtown in 2019, we look forward to providing you timely and accurate news. Stay tuned and have a wonderful winter break!
Grand Ave Footbridge:
- Bridge construction is complete with the exception of architectural lighting.
- Architectural lighting is tentatively scheduled for installation in the spring.
- The bridge is open on both sides and bicycle traffic is allowed.
- Graham Avenue - Eau Claire Street to Lake Street - CONSTRUCTION SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETE!
- Sealing of concrete joints to be completed as weather permits.
- CONSTRUCTION ALSO COMPLETE:
- E Grand Avenue - Graham Avenue to pedestrian bridge
- Main Street - Barstow Street to Graham Avenue
- Gray Street - Barstow Street to west end near River
Downtown Riverwalk Wall
- Bridge installation is complete and open to pedestrians!
- Bridge and wall/trail lighting to be completed in 2019 as assembly and installation can occur.
- Railing installation to be completed in the spring.
- Final staining of the retaining wall to be completed in 2019 due to cold temperatures.
- Utilities - CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE!
- Seat Walls and Fire Feature Walls and Fountain:
- Pouring of seat walls and fire features have been completed with the exception of the SW seat wall, to be completed in 2019.
- Plumbing for fountain has been completed.
- Fire feature gas piping work has been completed.
- Burner assemblies are in production, estimated for installation as weather permits.
- Seat wall cap installation along Haymarket Landing is scheduled for when weather permits.
- Placement of limestone blocks began in November and will be completed in spring.
- Concrete paving:
- Concrete connecting Confluence Crossing Bridge to Pablo Center has been completed.
- Temporary pedestrian fencing has been installed.
- Granite paver installation began on October 29th, to be completed in the spring.
- Fire feature patios to be completed in the spring.
- Removable bollard installation at Plaza entrance has been completed.
- Bean paving to be completed in the spring.
- Phoenix Park Landing - CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE!
- Plantings to be done in the spring.
- Electrical cabinets:
- Cabinets 1, 2, and 3 have been installed.
- Power is available from Xcel Energy.
Harding Ave./Washington St.
- Harding Ave. - Washington to Lee Street - CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE!
- Washington Street – Harding Avenue to Farwell Street - CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE!