Constructions Updates April 20-27:
- Trail detour is in place and there are two great alternative pedestrian routes: the Lake Street bridge or the Phoenix Park Bridge can take walkers over to West Grand Avenue. Path detour signs have been placed. The bridge will remain closed to pedestrian traffic for the duration of the project. The west side of the bridge crosses trail users over to the west side of First Avenue and crossing on the bridge is not permitted. Trail users on the east side of the bridge are directed to the sidewalk on Graham Avenue.
- Conduit protection has been completed.
- Deck removal began on Thursday, April 12th, to be completed by Friday, April 27th.
- Bridge abutment removal/repair to begin on Monday, April 30th. This will take approximately two days.
- Ironwork/bearing install to begin the week of April 30th.
- Sidewalk access to businesses will remain open, but Grand Avenue parking spaces will be closed from Graham Avenue to the River for the duration of the construction project - it will be used as a staging area for the contractor.
- Businesses are free to place signs indicating they are open. The signs have to be run by Code Compliance to ensure they follow the signage regulations.
- Construction on the Grand Avenue bridge is expected to wrap up in early to mid August - just in time for A Grand Evening on the Bridge!
- Graham Avenue will be re-constructed from Eau Claire Street to Lake Street. Notices went out to property owners on Thursday, April 19th.
- Removals from Grand Avenue to the South side of Main Street are scheduled for Wednesday, April 25th.
- Xcel Energy to set up temporary electric service the week of April 23rd (3 weeks).
- Removals from Main Street to Gray Street are scheduled for Wednesday, May 2nd.
- Sanitary sewer from Gray Street to Grand Avenue is scheduled for Monday, May 21st .
- Main Street will be re-constructed from Barstow Street to Graham Avenue.
- Gray Street will be re-constructed from Barstow Street to West End.